|Station||Phone Number||Days Open||Hours of Operation|
|Nobleford||(403) 824-3258||Thursday & Friday||10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.|
|Saturday||9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.|
- Winter Hours are 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. and begin when Daylight Savings Time ends
- Regular hours resume when Daylight Savings Time beings
- Hours of operation are subject to change without notice
- Click the link to view the Transfer Station map and to find more information: Transfer Station Map
- Please note: the Town of Nobleford does not operate the Transfer Station
- Yard waste, grass, and leaves (compost pile), no non-biodegradable bags
- Household waste
- Twine (must be in a bag, available at any transfer station)
- Scrap metal
- White goods stoves, dryers, fridges, etc. (see fees above)
- Wood, waste trees, lumber - max. length 6 feet
- Florescent tubes (unbroken)
- Livestock medicine and needles (to be in a sealed container)
- Household paint
- Used oil, filters, and oil pails (used oil collection is not to be contaminated by solvents, antifreeze, etc.)
- Agricultural chemical containers (triple rinsed) tied together - at select locations only:
- Nobleford - until end of 2022
- Iron Springs - until end of 2023
- Coaldale until end of 2024
- Not accepted at Picture Butte location
- Computers and components
- Household hazardous waste (compounds must be known)
- Automotive batteries
- Ashes must be bagged or boxed
Items must be sorted.
Items NOT Accepted At Any Transfer Station
- Large mixed loads
- Asphalt roofing material
- Treated lumber
- Hazardous waste, other than household waste
- Burning barrels
- Animal carcasses or spoiled meat
- Derelict vehicles (can be taken to scrap dealers)
- Grain, straw or hay
Transfer Station Information
- All sites are supervised.
- The transfer station operator is required to inspect all waste entering the transfer station and has the right to reject any load that does not meet the above requirements.
- The operator has the right to request that all loads be sorted and put in the appropriate area. Failure to comply may result in ban from transfer stations.
- All items received must be able to fit into compactor and be capable of being handled by the person delivering the item.
- The Lethbridge Regional Landfill will accept most of the NOT accepted items above. It is recommended that you contact them first 403-329-7367.
- Three ton trucks and all tandem truck trailers must go to Lethbridge Regional Landfill and pay the posted fees.
- When transporting your waste material to the Waste Transfer Stations, have your load properly secured and covered.
- Your co-operation in the separation of waste material, following instructions of Site Supervisor and signage is greatly appreciated.
Be aware that the Alberta Health Act and the Alberta Litter Act provide severe penalties to those who fail to properly secure loads.